Celebrating Indigenous Culture
Hummingbird Ministries is one of nine Presbyterian Indigenous
ministries in Canada supported by gifts to Presbyterians Sharing.
It is committed to bringing peace and healing to Indigenous
families living in BC’s lower mainland.
The ministry helps to restore hope by offering regular healing
circles; working with the community in art and celebration; and
providing educational and healing workshops, Bible studies,
children’s art and music programs.
Hummingbird Ministries also runs a children’s dance program
in which Indigenous children are taught traditional Metis dances.
Known as the Hummingbird Dancers, the children recently
performed at a festival in East Vancouver in honor of National
Indigenous Peoples Day, which recognized and celebrated the
rich cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people in Canada.
Presbyterians Sharing walks with Indigenous peoples
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
3529 McBean St.
Richmond, ON K0A 2Z0
- Moderator’s Prayer for the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty: October 17
- Bells of Peace: Unified Action of Remembrance on November 11, 2018
- Read the Latest PCConnect E-Newsletter: October Edition
- Attn Treasurers: Automatic Withdrawal for Pension and Health & Dental Payments
- Cutting Edge of Mission Award Recipient Dr. George Sabra’s Speech to the 2018 General Assembly Available in Korean